PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
Another important aspect of what PHP is used for is creating dynamic PHP web pages with MySQL. PHP works with a number of databases, but the most popular is MySQL. How does it work? Well, you can use PHP to connect to a database and present content on HTML pages.
There are usually two steps to learning PHP:
- Learn programming language concepts, syntax and other features.
- Learn to work with a framework that will significantly increase your chances of building successful projects. For example, the Laravel framework is one of the best and most popular PHP web development frameworks.
Thanks to the event loop, Node.js provides more efficient request management. For example, while the file system is reading a file, Node.js is working on other requests. After the system reads the file, it sends it to the browser. In other words, while Node.js is waiting for one task to complete, it jumps to another.
- Developers report that PHP is easier to use than Node.js. One example is that Node.js typically requires multiple lines of code.
- If you have studied Java in the past, PHP will be easier to master.
- However, experts consider PHP to be more mature, which means that there are more resources to help you learn (code examples, advice on how to deal with errors and other glitches).
- PHP is a powerful language and its programming concepts are easy for beginners to understand.
- PHP frameworks like Laravel are still widely used in web development, even though Node.js has become more popular over the years. PHP remains the main language for backend web development.
- PHP developer salaries are some of the lowest in the programming world. Why? Because there are many PHP programmers in the industry. Therefore, the job hunt can be more intense.
- There are many online services that can be used instead of contacting a PHP developer. If you want to start a blog, instead of seeking help from developers, you simply create a WordPress account. However, PHP really shines when it comes to creating original projects that cannot be created from a template.
- Node.js is unable to handle CPU intensive applications because it is event driven and single threaded.
Node.js and PHP performance comparison
Node.js is still faster than PHP when there is no need to process data in real time. Therefore, when you need to create chats, games, videos or large data streams, you may want to choose PHP.
jQuery vs. PHP
Therefore, jQuery and PHP have very little in common. For example, if you are a PHP programmer, you will not consider using jQuery (since this library does not provide PHP code).
Angular.js vs. PHP
A single page application refers to an application that dynamically updates pages without reloading entire new pages from the server. For example, dynamic web pages do not reload when you click on buttons such as categories or other additional information.
You can use a combination of languages for your project to make it dynamic. It’s common practice to use AJAX to update certain parts of pages based on user input without reloading them completely.
PHP may be slower than Node.js, but the PHP user community is larger, which means there are more resources and tutorials to learn from. In addition, PHP offers many frameworks like Laravel, Symfony, Zend and others that make web development even more efficient. Although Node.js also offers many frameworks and resources, the support system is not as mature.
- Important 10 Tips to Learn PHP
- Laravel vs CodeIgniter-Which is the Better PHP Framework in 2022?
- 5 Best PHP Framework for Website Development and Why